Ambulatory Network Planning:
Questions We Help Answer
- Who are the communities we serve now and how might our service area change in the future ?
- What is our vision for ambulatory services in the next 5-10 years?
- What impact will changes in healthcare delivery (telehealth, e-visits, etc.) have on the ambulatory strategy?
- What constitutes a sustainable ambulatory strategy for our organization?
- How are we currently positioned in our market in relationship to our competitors?
- How can we assure the highest and best use of our current assets?
- Does our organization have a recognizable brand identity both on and off campus?
- What are our population health management goals?
- Is our existing network adequate to meet these population health goals?
- Are there gaps in our full continuum of care offerings that need addressing?
- Are we well-positioned for narrow network contracting?
- How are the physicians aligned in our market?
- Do we know what the optimal mix of physicians is to support the overall health system goals?
- What is the optimal structure for our medical group in the next 3-5 years?
- Are there access issues (e.g., operating hours, affordability) within our physician network?
- What does the "end point" of our ambulatory network look like and what is the best plan to get there?
- What planned ambulatory investments are already underway?
- How will we prioritize our efforts?